As the economic situation in the UK has tightened over past years, this unique hospitality business decided to challenge its current buying structure in order to stay profitable and be in a stronger position for the long term.
To meet the business objectives, the team determined a thorough purchasing assessment was required. The company approached Enhanced to help them with their plan.
To gain a full understanding of the business, the Enhance team spent time meeting with managers from applicable units and toured the different properties, observing front-of-house operations. Our experts focused on:
- Understanding the client’s business mix
- Key branded goods and quality standards
- Complex delivery and storage issues
It quickly became clear that the dry & frozen category needed immediate attention. Enhance provided a full-service tender, inviting three leading suppliers to quote. After three rounds of negotiations, the Enhance professionals delivered an in-depth recommendation report. The client chose to award the contract to their incumbent supplier based on not only pricing but the quality of the supplier’s products.
- The tender delivered an Initial savings of 7.5%, with a price reduction on 81% of the products.
- A dairy tender was conducted soon after and provided 15% savings.
- Based on these results, client subscribed to our Fresh Produce Management service to ensure they receive the best market price with their chosen supplier.
- As a preferred partner of Procure Wizard, we have the ability to offer a software license at no cost. This purchase to pay solution helped to improve the client’s ordering process, and Enhance worked closely with the Procure Wizard team to ensure a smooth implementation.